Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Samplr for iPad



You all know about Samplr, right? It's only been out a week and has already made some waves around the place. And I have to admit, it's a really nice bit of kit.

Here's the meat of it (from the App Store):

  • 7 different play modes: Slicer, Looper, Ebow, Tape, Scratch, Keyboard and Loop Player.
  • 6 simultaneous samples (with 6 voices each).
  • 5 sound effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb.
  • Gesture recorder.
  • High quality audio engine.
  • Detailed user guide.
  • Import your own samples (WAV) through iTunes.
  • Ready to use sample library.

As far as I'm concerned, the only things missing at this point are: Dropbox sync (let me open samples from Dropbox in Samplr, don't make me connect to a computer to do it, I mean, come on), audio copy/paste (specifically audio paste: I want to get sounds from Animoog and Sunrizer, etc into Samplr) and Soundcloud uploading. With those three things added, Samplr would be my definite one-stop go-to music app, no question

As it stands, though, it's still a really nice app, with a great UI, and worth every cent of it's AU$5.49 price.


Get it on the App Store.